What is the Best Sauna Suit for Running?
Running in a sauna suit helps you lose weight quickly and other health benefits. Learn how to choose the best sauna suit for running here!
Selecting a sauna suit for running when you do not have prior experience can be tricky. It would take time before you make your decision, and maybe end up choosing incorrectly. Whether you’re looking for a sauna suit to wear while running on the treadmill or outdoors, you want the best style and type. Use the information in this article to guide you when choosing the best sauna suit for running.
Does Running in a Sauna Suit Help?
The sauna suit will get you sweating like crazy, your muscles screaming at you to stop. That’s the fun part of getting out there and pushing yourself beyond what you thought you could do. But is it worth the pain? Or in other words, does running in sauna suit clothing produce any results?
Running with sauna suit garments whether full or half body types provides the same benefits as any other workout. Your body will heat up, blood flow faster, and muscles work harder. Then you will start experiencing the results of using a sauna suit such as:
- Instant loss of water weight
- Increased burning of fat
- Reverse muscle atrophy
- Improved endurance
- Higher oxygen uptake
- Higher energy levels, and more
What is the Best Sauna Suit for Running?
Many companies are manufacturing and selling sauna suits for running. However, the suits come in different cuts and sizes. They are also made from a variety of fabrics. When buying these, it’s wise to consider some factors. This will help you make an informed decision and get the most value for your money. The factors to consider include;
Durability – it is very important that before you buy a sauna suit for jogging, you should look at how durable they are. Ensure the material is strong enough for the purposes you want them to serve. If possible, ask people who have bought and used these suits about their experience with them this will help you assess the quality of these suits.
For a really long lasting sauna suit, heavy-duty would be the way to go, unless the situation calls for a lightweight suit. Silver polymer makes the most durable suits, durable odor-free and allergen-free.
Size – another feature one should look at is the size, there are two common sizes offered by most companies. These include standard and sauna suit for plus size. Sauna suits for running that come with the plus size have extra length to fit people who are taller than the average person. On a smaller body, they would be too bulky or too spacious to run in. In essence, find a suit that fits you closely. .
Breathability – it is very important that sauna suits for running allow air onto your body. This will help keep you cool as you exercise in them, and prevent the occurrence of heat rash as well. Sauna suit breathability also allows the evaporation of some sweat from your skin and prevents water retention. Look for a suit that features breathability zones around the areas that sweat the most.
Additional features – these include pockets, zippers, and drawstrings. Most sauna suits for jogging have pockets that can be used to hold personal items such as phones, keys and energy bars. Ensue the one that you buy has them. Zippers make the suit easy to put on and take on.
Cost – choose good quality sauna suits. These will usually cost more. However, their benefits far outweigh the initial cost. Quality suits perform better and last a long time, which translates into a cost-effective product in the long run.
Reviews - when it comes to choosing the best sauna suit for running, many online reviews have weighed in on these products. Plus, you may be able to find more details by visiting a seller's website directly or even reach out to them through social media (but only if they provide this option).
Tips when Using a Sauna Suit for Running
- Remember the rule about body temperature. Do not raise it too quickly while using your sauna suit for running. It's best to take some time to get used to your new gear. After that, you can safely work up and maintain comfortable workout intensity without risking injury or illness.
- Drink a lot of water. This will help prevent serious harm and severe dehydration. It’s vital that you have an adequate supply of water throughout the entire workout, especially working out in extreme heat.
- Take it slow. If you do not run regularly, I would suggest that you start out walking in the sauna suit and gradually build up to running.
- Have an action plan (emergency measures). Your running in a sauna suit may end abruptly due to a serious heat-related issue, so consider having someone around when running.
- Cut back on training intensity or reduce your run-training schedule and overall mileage during the hottest months of summer. You may have to take a few days off as well when temperatures soar due to heat exhaustion.
- To prevent overheating from occurring, it is critical that you stop training immediately after finishing your sauna suit running session. Allow yourself to cool off by drinking plenty of water or an easy slow jog, walk, or hike.
- Keep your blood moving throughput. As you get accustomed to running in a sauna suit, remember that your muscles retain heat and can easily cramp up without adequate blood flow. To prevent that from happening, drink plenty of water and alternate between rapid walking and slow jogging.
- A sauna suit is only one part of your weight loss journey. To maximize the results you'll see after wearing it, always follow the manufacturer's directions for use and make sure to get an adequate amount of exercise while wearing it.
The best sauna suit for running should not only make you sweat profusely, but also feel light comfortable. Know the things to look for as outlined in this post before buying one. Make sure also, that you use the suit correctly and in accordance with the manufacturer's instructions. That will go a long way to ensure you benefits from the garment. It will also ensure that your running in a sauna suit remains safe throughout.